In case of long delay, passengers have right to:
- care (meals and refreshments in a reasonable relation to the waiting time, hotel accommodation in cases where passengers should stay one or more nights, transport between the airport and place of accommodation, two telephone calls, telex or fax messages, or e-mails),
- reimbursement or re-routing if the delay is at least five hours,
- compensation if they arrived to their final destination with delay of three hours and more unless it can be proven that the delay had been caused by extraordinary circumstances. Passengers are entitled to compensation in amount of:
- 250 EUR for all flights of 1 500 kilometres or less;
- 400 EUR for all intra-Community flights of more than 1 500 kilometres, and for all other flights between 1 500 and 3 500 kilometres;
- 600 EUR for all flights not falling under (a) or (b).